- Put mite-proof covers on all mattresses
- Do not make your bed but air it all day long to reduce moisture from sleep
- Dust mites hide away from the light and burrow into the mattress clinging on with powerful hooks and suckers on each legs. However, vacuuming the mattress will reduce some of the dust that mites live on. Vacuum with high filtration (HEPA) vacuum cleaner at least once a week. Remember most vacuum filters only remove 50 to 70% of material (other than dust mites). A vacuum fitted with HEPA filters will remove significantly more; not just dust mite faeces, but also all types of other allergens, like animal dander, dust and pollen
- Clean carpets, upholstery & mattresses every 6 to 12 months (depending on the severity of the allergy and no. of people and pets in the house)
- Apply specialist preventative treatments on carpets and soft furnishings
- Wash all bed linen and soft toys in hot water weekly
- Dust mites love warm, humid conditions, above 70 F (21 C) and 50% humidity, so keep the thermostat in the house below 70 degrees and
- Install a dehumidifier in the bedroom.
Get a FREE Quote!
The Safest, Most Thorough Cleaning You’ve Ever Seen…
Or it’s FREE!
We serve the towns and surrounding villages of:
Reading, Earley, Woodley, Newbury, Thatcham, Wokingham, Caversham, Henley-On-Thames, Sonning Common, Marlow, Bourne End, High Wycombe, Beaconsfield, Bracknell, Ascot, Maidenhead, Eton, Windsor, Slough, Gerrards Cross, Stoke Poges, Virginia Water, Amersham, Chesham, Chalfont St. Giles, Chalfont St. Peter, Little Chalfont, Princes Risborough, Wallingford, Thame, Aylesbury, Great Missenden.
To find out more or to receive a no obligation quotation, please Call Us on free phone 0800 1955 044 or fill the form.